Thursday, April 16, 2009

Susan Boyle Stuns The World With Her Singing Debut

On the British television show "Britain's Got Talent" Susan Boyle shocked the judges, the audience, and now thanks to the YouTube video featuring her performance, she has shocked the world.

In what must be a YouTube speed record this clip has been viewed (as of the writing of this) over 15.6 million times in less than a week!

What I love about this story and this woman is that she came out on stage and patiently endured the snickers and cynical laughter of the audience and the eye-rolling and sidelong glances of Simon Cowell but she needed only to open her mouth in song for mere seconds to dispel it all.

I cried through her performance, largely because of the beauty of her voice but also because of the triumph I felt for her. It was a moment of pure inspiration for me thinking of how this woman walked out of obscurity and in a moment won the hearts of everyone in that room and raised them to their feet for the homage shown her by their standing ovation.

My prayers are with Miss Boyle. I think she should win easily but a part of me feels like she's already transcended the venue of this television competition and winning it would almost be an unnecessary formality at this point. I am impatiently looking forward to more enrapturing melodies from the lips of Susan Boyle with an anticipation I haven't felt in years.

God bless you Susan!


Post by: Michael Rotolo -President of Rotolo Media www.michaelrotolo.com

This post can be used as content for your newsletter, website, or blog as long as link back to this original post and website are included.
use this link

.